Focus is a very essential tool for any business to flourish. Gaining focus on your business will enable you to be maximally efficient. By concentrating on the most important things and avoiding distractions, you will increase your productivity and your work output will be of the highest quality, which is necessary for a successful business.
So how can you gain focus on you and your business?
1. Set out clear goals to help you align your focus. Think about what you would want to accomplish and layout a strategy on how to achieve them. Goals work as a road-map towards your larger aspirations. They should be realistic and timely. Goal setting will motivate you to put in the work you need to accomplish them.
2. Prioritize, have a clear picture of what needs your immediate attention, what you can put off for later what you can delegate or not do at all. This calls for planning ahead putting into consideration the deadlines and timings for particular tasks. This will help you to re-organize your mind and put you into focus.
3. Maintain a simple organized work space. Remove unnecessary junk and clutter form your working space. Have things in front of you that you need. You should get rid of photos, journals, magazines and receipts on your desk and shelves to create a less distracted work-space.
4. Turn off technology and focus on the task at hand. Flashing screens, new email notifications, vibrating cellphones is a constant source of distractions. Schedule the times outside of work when you will use your phone or tablet, and then put the technology away outside those times.
5. Focus on doing one thing at a time as opposed to multi-tasking. This way you will avoid taxing your brain by having it shift form one task to another which will lead to exhaustion and inefficiency. You are going to have to stop multitasking if you want to beat the competition and by increasing your focus you will get more done in less time. So avoid tackling two tasks simultaneously, it is better to get completely done with task A before switching to task B.
6. Block your time. This simply means dedicating a certain number of hours to a certain task blocking off your time from other tasks that demand your attention. This will help you focus on the task you are working on.
7. Automate some operational activities such as financial management. This reduces the amount of time needed to manage finances. The free-up time will in turn be re-directed to the core business be it customer service or sales.
8. Work on full screen mode when working from your computer. This helps you to stay focused on your task and eliminates distractions. By removing icons from other applications on your screen, you minimize the urge to click on them occasionally and this increases your focus and concentration.
9. Get enough rest try to get enough good quality sleep every once in a while. It will be easier for you to concentrate when you are well rested.
We can all agree that we get so much more done when we are focused. Try these tips and you will gain focus on your business.
You can benefit from a coach no matter which field you work in. The professional will help you understand your business process better, improve your marketing efforts and increase the success rate of your business. Below are a few tips that will help you look for the best business coach.
You may want to ask reliable sources for some recommendations. For instance, you can discuss this matter with your HR advisor, financial planner, banker, accountant or lawyer.
Consider your needs as well. Actually, these professionals specializes in a host of areas, such as corporate profitability, turbulence tolerance and emotional intelligence, just to name a few.
Interview the candidates
It’s a good idea to interview many coaches in order to increase your chances of looking for the best match. Actually, the decision is important for you to choose the best lawyer and financial advisor. Just stay patient and cautious.
Make a list of common interview questions. The coach should give detailed answers to your questions during the interview. The questions should be related to the professional’s background in business, experience, credentials, coaching style and type of clients, just to name a few.
You may want to let the professional know your situation so you can get feedback from them. When interviewing good coaches, you may want to get early feedback related to your business issues. The coach should be able to let you know how to deal with the issues and solve them.
Just like a good personal trainer or therapist, a business coach also has his or her own style of coaching. How do they carry out their coaching sessions? Do they use the phone, email or some other medium? How much do they charge for each session? How will give you feedback? The coaching style of the coach should meet your needs.
You may want to get a list of references from the coach and then contact each of the clients. If the clients are satisfied with their coach, know that the professional is worth a try.
Follow your gut
Good relationships are based on feedback, support, honesty, safety and trust. In the same way, your relationship with the coach should also be based on the things mentioned above. Once you have interviewed the professional, ask yourself how you felt about them during the interview. Was the professional honest with you? Do you think he is the right fit for you? Trust your gut and make your decision accordingly.
You may want to have a solid understanding of the roles of your coach. A good one will help you develop your capacity and resources in order to respond skillfully, consciously, and appropriately. The professional will guide you so you can make your decision properly.
So, if you have been looking for a good business coach, we suggest that you consider the factors listed and explained in this article. Hope this will help you make the best choice.
Once a retail business is in a position of getting regular sales, it is worth looking at buying in bulk from a wholesale supplier. This will give a variety of benefits including the ability to buy the low-cost stock and increase the profit margin. But, it is usually best to wait until an e-commerce business is making money, because the wholesale lots often have a minimum order amount with goods costing at least $150 of more.
Here are three useful tips to consider when buying supplies in bulk:
The first step to buy wholesale is to research the different online sites and compare the cost of the different items. It is great to find a site that gives heavy discounts on the goods you trade in, but it is still worth the effort to shop around to find the most competitive deals to match the needs. A further key consideration is the wholesale minimums. This relates to the volume of stock to be purchased per single order. This can vary significantly with the different wholesalers, so it is important to find something that trades in a volume that is within your budget.
It is essential to check a particular wholesaler is entirely legitimate before committing to make an order. Look for reviews or recommendations from other buyers. This will let you know the quality of delivery service and the goods. Only use the sites that are highly rated and get a lot of positive feedback from fellow buyers. Without doing the proper checks there is the risk of signing up a fake e-commerce site that looks fully functioning, but doesn’t actually ship goods and you lose your hard-earned cash.
Do your calculations
Before making a large order of wholesale materials, it makes sense to do your calculations to ensure you are in a position to increase your profit potential. While it can help to improve the actual profit margin, there isn’t likely to be much benefit if you are only making minimal sales. In most cases it is practical to wait for a business to make steady sales before ordering a large volume of supplies.
While some may think it is best to order in bulk goods from the start, there could be problems further down the line if they don’t sell as expected. This is certain to cause more difficulties for those who bought on credit and may have interest accumulating. Also, if buying time sensitive items like seasonal fashion, you have a further need to conduct the timely business.
What you do when you order anything online? Keep patience and wait for the thing to arrive. On the other hand, the company which is selling the product has to get to you to deliver the product. How do they do that? Remember you need to add your delivery address. That is exactly mentioned on the shipping label. It is the key information that helps to move the shipment from one hand to another. The courier company uses it right from the warehouse to reach to the customer’s doorstep. Now, with the carrier, you may find different types of templates.
If you are the company which is going to buy the shipping label, make sure to know the type of printer you have. This article will guide you to find the right printer.
Inkjet and Laser Labels
Having an inkjet or laser printer in a home or office is common. For them generally, a sheeted product is required. A sheeted label stock of different colors is found which are made of different materials. Some only designed for the laser printer is also found. There are types that are removable or permanent. Make sure that the label you are purchasing is compatible with the printer you have. If you are looking for a green alternative, there are sheeted labels found that are made from the recyclable
With the thermal transfer printers the thermal transfer labels. Ribbons are used for this one. The system of installing ribbons and ordering supplies is quite a complex in these kinds of labels.
These labels are sensitive to heat. They do not need any ribbon or ink. These kinds are mainly useful for industrial or desktop direct thermal label printers. The desktop thermal printers generally have one core in comparison to 3 core industrial direct thermal printers.
Get a label that is rated to be used in the copier machine if you are planning to make use of the copier machine. Any label is not suitable to work here.
Pinfeed & Dot Matrix
Dot matrix printing is the most popular means of shipping label printing. This is because of the percussion achieved for printing. The pinfeed labels come in different colors and you can choose between temporary and permanent adhesive.
You may also choose the weather resistant polyester stock. These are mainly good to resist cold and rain when the packages are out to be delivered to the customers. No matter what you choose ensure that you maintain the safety of the goods that the customers have order.
Technology has steadily advanced over the years, and there is no sign of it slowing down. Having knowledge of modern technology is a must have for your everyday life, and for most jobs in any industry. With all of the technological advances, all I ever hear is the fear that someday robots will take over most jobs and leave workers jobless because they can not compete. In my opinion, this is not entirely true or false. I do believe that there’s no stopping robots from entering every field, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they are here to take over.
I will be mainly focusing on the hospitality industry because that is my field of study. Recently there have been reports of hotels introducing human working with robots. Of course at first I was a little worried, I mean why would I continue my education if in the future I will no longer be needed? After all, I am not programed to never make a mistake. But, after giving it much thought I realized that robots can actually enhance customer service! Instead of being fearful that I am going to lose my career, I began to actually love the idea!
Having robots in the hospitality industry will not necessarily take away all human interaction. I mean let’s face it, there are some days that you wake up and you haven’t had your morning coffee yet and you refuse to speak to anyone, and then there are some days that you are in dire need of human interaction, even if its striking up a conversation in the fast food drive through. Let me give you another example. Have you ever had a problem with your cable service and had to make that dreaded phone call? If you are anything like me, the worst thing about these phone calls are the automated services. I have to repeat myself multiple times so I usually end up pressing “0” until I can finally speak to someone who can help me with my problems. This is very similar to how I see robots entering the hospitality industry. I believe their sole purpose will be to take care of mindless task such as delivering more towels to room 215, or making sure that room 350 has the crib that the guest requested before their stay, while we focus on customer service. If you think about it, this will give the front desk agents more time to interact with their guest and make sure their stay is nothing less than perfect. I compare this to the automated service that is prompted as soon as I make a phone call to my cable company because if robots take care of task compared to the ones the automated services do, like making a payment with a saved credit card, or checking the hours of operation, it will give more time to the customers that actually need to speak with someone.
Now let’s look at an example of robots entering the restaurant industry. Can you imagine how much more efficient the service will be if you had a robot run the extra ranch that the guest requested to table 7, or refilled the sweet tea on table 23? Just think of how much extra time that will give the server to actually connect with the guests at their tables. Also, servers can make Paul’s 10th birthday even more spectacular by taking the time to not only wish him a happy birthday, but also sing to him and not feel rushed, or that they are taking time away from other tables!
My point is, we need to look at the positive side of having robots working beside us. Human interaction is still very much valued, and I do not see it going anywhere. Instead of being fearful that robots are going to take over, we need to welcome them to our team and work together to provide the best experience possible for our guest.
Business meetings can be tedious affairs, often taking up a lot of the day, but they are also the place where things get decided and offer a chance for team members to input their ideas over new products or services. The business meeting may elicit groans from those who have to partake, but they are a necessary evil. Instead of brown bagging it, what about a catered meeting that will give everyone something to look forward to and bring people together again in a less formal way–as they eat?
Most catering companies will have a dedicated menu specifically for the corporate world. They include things that can be eaten on the go, or hand held and of course they will also cater to sit down lunches or dinners as well, depending on your needs. The best part about having your lunch catered is that it arrives ready to eat when you want it to, no one has to leave the meeting to make or put the food out. It also doesn’t matter where you meeting is taking place. Your boardroom, outside or at a client’s place, it doesn’t matter to the caterer as it is their job to take your order to you at the specified time and location.
Catered food is known to be of high quality, because with so many caterers around, no one would ever order from one that had a bad rating either online or by word of mouth. You can also customize your menu to suit a specific theme or to avoid certain allergens that may make some people ill and of course there will be plenty of food to go around, and beverages like coffee and tea are usually also included in the fee.
About the fee–catering your office meeting is cheaper than you may think. It is hassle free for you and your employees of course but it is also better than asking your associates to bring out their own food at the appointed time. This means they’ll sit where they are and eat, but with a catered meal they will get up, fill their plates, chat with each other and eat in groups which is more conducive to the meeting’s overall feel once you get back at it after your lunch break.
Lately I’ve had the opportunity to connect with some amazing individuals that are on the cusp of something great. The challenge is how to build you business while on a budget. It’s funny what a taboo word that is, in fact many times our new clients don’t even want to bring it up. Money is an awkward conversation, and I get that.
But what’s more awkward is having the feeling that you’re not meeting the client’s needs or causing them stress, because the conversation around budget hasn’t been honestly had. You’d be surprised, in our conversations, the brainstorming sessions that occur, all around concepts the client can do themselves, with little or no expense. Right off the top, there are numerous community organizations that are looking for guest speakers to offer workshops, they manage all of the promotion, can fill seats, and while it may not be a big revenue stream, it can be a source for testimonials and referrals. Sometimes you don’t know until you ask!
So how do you grow your business, on a budget. Here are our top 5 tips:
- Understand what your time is worth – and use it wisely. If you know an hour of your time can be billed for $100 and hour, and you just spent an hour on Facebook checking out what your friends have been up to – then that hour on Facebook just cost you $100. Was it worth it?
- Have disciplined office hours – set an alarm, get up, get dressed and get to work. Have a start time and an end time, and do not do laundry, get groceries, vacuum etc. during work hours. If you wouldn’t do it at the office, don’t do it from your home office. Don’t multi-task – FOCUS!
- Take an inventory of what you do really well and love to do, and what takes you too long and is outside of your skillset. If you spend too much time trying to figure it out, how much is it costing you versus the investment of having someone else do it for you. Virtual Assistants are great for that, have flexible hours, and because they don’t work just for you, they can work as much or as little as you need. In your first discussion with a VA, get the budget discussion out of the way, you may be surprised the suggestions and resources they can pull in to keep you on track.
- It takes a team! Now, I don’t mean a team of support staff (although you’ll get to that point), but align yourself with individuals that compliment your business, that you can refer people to and they can return the favor!
- Balance – succeeding doesn’t mean working 24/7, even if sometimes it feels that way! Balance work time with family time, office time with networking time. Let that balance change as your business does, and accept that it can change. What does balance have to do with budget? Absolutely nothing. But it is one of the most important skills a business owner needs to have, without balance you have burnout, burnout causes distraction, and lack of focus costs you.
And a bonus tip – if you know you’re going to have downtime, between appointments out of the office, reach out to a colleague and reconnect over coffee. Use that downtime to keep your network warm, your name out there, and your pipeline building. Having a cup of coffee with a colleague, may cost you an extra coffee, but having coffee alone, could cost you an opportunity.
A business portfolio is the asset of your company. It is a collection of work you have done that exemplifies your skills to the clients and clear out all their quandaries about your work. To win the belief of the customer, it is important to showcase your best work in a clean and creative way. Well creating a unique business portfolio is not as tough, especially when you know your work is fantastic and able to hit the mind of the client. But the way you present it matters a lot, don’t worry, you don’t need to climb a mountain for this because here we have some out of the box ideas that help you design a kick-ass business portfolio. So, are you ready to dig into the pool of ideas? Yes, let’s get started.
- Put Yourself In Someone’s Else Shoes: To create an attractive and impressive business portfolio it is important to first put yourself in someone’s else shoes as it gives you better understanding. You should always remember that your business portfolio is the voice of your brand that speaks about your work, so, you have to be a bit crazy, creative and clean while showcasing your work.
- Signify Your Versatility: Every client wants to work with a company that able enough to think on their feet or in simple words the one who can quickly adapt changes and make the right decision. So, while designing your business portfolio exhibit the different projects that you have worked on. It helps to hit the nail on the head.
- Showcase At Least Five Of Your Projects: Winning the heart of the customer is not a cakewalk. Thus, you have to go some extra miles for this. While exhibiting your work make sure you include five of your important and best of the best projects that works like a charm and win their trust.
- Keep Your Business Portfolio Update: Change is the only constant so you have to learn to embrace it. Thus, it is good if you change or update your portfolio after a while as it shows your improvement to the clients. Moreover updated portfolio gives existing customers a reason to take a look again because of the new design.
With these simple tricks, meet your aim and get the best outcomes in the near future. In case you think there is something missing because of what you are not getting the expected outcomes, so, you should never afraid to take professional support.
Are you thinking of starting a new business? Or are you trying to resolve certain issues related to your existing business? No matter what type of problems you may have, we suggest that you look for a good business coach. While choosing one, make sure that you go with a professional who is an expert in his field. If you have no idea how to hire one, you can read our tips that we have described below.
Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses
First of all, you may want to look at yourself. What you need to do is acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses. In addition, you should consider your expectations for your business since they are essential factors to help you know what you need from your business coach.
Know your budget
You may also want to know your budget so you can find out the amount you can spend on your coach. Aside from the budget, make sure you have enough time for the coach. For instance, some coaches want their clients to give at least 2 hours per week for learning. Aside from this, some professionals are expensive while others are not.
Personality of the coach
Ideally, you may want to look for a professional business coach whose personality matches yours. The fact of the matter is that the job of the coach is to encourage you a bit so you can get to greater heights. As a matter of fact, if you are unable to have a good relationship with the professional due to personality differences, you may not be able to get the most out of him. In your first meeting with the coach, make sure you find out if you two can work together. If you don’t get the response you desired, we suggest that you keep looking for the best professional.
The website of the coach
You should go to the website of the coach and spend at least 15 minutes on the site. This idea is to know if the site is well maintained. If the site has not been updated for ages, this is not a good sign.
You should do a quick site search to find out the number of sites that link to the website of your desired coach. This will give you an idea of how long the site has been around as well as the credibility of the site.
Make a list of a few coaches
As soon as you have shortlisted a few good pros, you should contact them one by one. You should ask them some important questions. Actually, you may want to work with a pro that has a significant amount of experience. You don’t want to hire a coach who has just received his credentials.
Long story short, if you have been trying hard to find a good business coach but have not succeeded yet, then we suggest that you re-read the tips given in this article and try your luck once again. Hopefully, you will succeed.
There are plenty of benefits that come with laminating your documents. Some of these advantages include:
- Enhancing and preserving the color and contrast of the images
- You have professional looking documents
- Lamination protects the documents thus they last for a long time even with frequent handling
- The process is easy, and you achieve immediate results
Laminating tipsWhether you have a home or office laminating machine, you need to use it correctly for you to obtain perfect results. Some of the tips you need to consider include:
Use the right pouch: This seems like a no-brainer, but you will be worried by the number of people that fail to achieve perfect laminating results due to failure to use the right pouch. If you have a high-quality machine, the chances are that the unit has different pouches. For ideal results, use the right pouch for the product you are looking to laminate.
You also should place the document at the right area. To be on the safe side, leave a 2mm border around the entire document.
Properly warm up the machine: Different machines require different heating temperatures for them to work efficiently. The cool thing is that they all come with manuals from where you can refer on the right temperature to use. If you aren’t sure, check the manual and set your unit.
Properly laminate irregular surfaces: While most of the documents to be laminated come in regular shapes, there are a few that feature irregular shapes. When laminating these documents be cautious. As rule of thumb, send them through the machine twice. This is to avoid wrinkling.
Clean the machine: Just like any other unit in your home or office, you need to regularly clean the laminating machine for it to work effectively. When cleaning it, pay attention to the rollers. The best way of cleaning the unit is heating up the machine to its normal laminating temperature and then pass a non-glossy piece of paper through it as you are laminating.
Leave a seal: Once you are done laminating a document, cut it appropriately to give it a professional look. The best way of going about it is leaving a seal around the edges of the document.